Once you create an event, you can request any rooms and resources needed for the event. Include setup notes, the event schedule, and how often the event repeats.
From the event, click a reservation block to view more details.
You can also make changes to a reservation block by choosing a date on the calendar and clicking Delete, Reschedule, or Modify.
Add Times to the Event Schedule
If you need time to set up or tear down for your event, or if there are other times in your event you don't want to show on your public calendar, add them to the Event Schedule.
- Add the name of the Scheduled Time
- Choose the start and end time.
- Check if you want this time to show up in any public places when you share your event.
If you try to schedule a time outside of the Reservation Block, you'll have to Reschedule the Reservation Block before you can save the new event schedule.
Edit, Reschedule, or Duplicate the Reservation Block
Create Reservations for each contiguous block of time you'd like to reserve. Many events only have one reservation since they happen in one block of time, but if your event has extra times, such as a rehearsal on another day, create another reservation block.
- Edit the name from Reservation Block to something that defines this specific length of time.
- Reschedule the time frame for future instances. To reschedule this block, choose to be taken to the event.
- Create a new reservation block out of this one--it will copy your rooms and resources, and you can choose the appropriate times.
When you drag and drop a resource into your reservation, fill out the form that comes with the room or resource, and add any necessary information.
Once you've added all the necessary information, select the arrow tab with the event name to be taken to your event.
To send approval requests for the event, click Send Approval Requests, which will send an email to the appropriate approval groups. If you don't send the approval requests, the will automatically send 30 minutes after the most recent change.
If you see a banner at the top of the event stating there are conflicts, a conflict resolver will have to resolve the conflict. You'll receive an email if you need to make adjustments to your event.
Once your event is approved, display it on a kiosk or share it on your website!